Quality Improvement on the Fly (QIOnTheFly) Online Training
We are amidst unprecedented times with competing priorities which may seem in opposition. On one hand, keeping clients/tenants, team members, and your families’ safe, balanced against providing the services that your clients/tenants need during the pandemic. The problem solving and ultimately cycles of plan, do, study, act (PDSA) are happening over minutes versus the usual slower, contemplative speed. Creative approaches (change ideas) are being implemented rapidly and altered as you gather data and input from team members and clients/tenants about what is working and as new information is shared by health authorities. Some of the change ideas we expect will continue after the pandemic is over and will be a new way of operating, others will be temporary during the COVID-19 experience.
The Excellence through Quality Improvement Project (E-QIP) team has started an initiative, “QI on the Fly”, to capture ways in which service delivery is being modified during the pandemic. These innovations and related lessons learned are being shared through twitter using #QIOnTheFly as well as on the E-QIP website (www.e-qip.ca) and communiques. A QIOnTheFly template has been developed to help teams capture their innovations.
To further “spread” some of these great ideas and what has been learned in the process, a #QIOnTheFly web series is being offered. To find out more and register for the web meetings check out the upcoming sessions below! We also encourage you to share your own #QIONTheFly by posting your innovations to twitter and tagging @EQIP_ON or by sending in your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
#QIOnTheFly Web Meeting #4: Clients as Your Guide: EBD
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Time: 11:05am – 11:55am
- Learn about the many ways experience-based co-design (EBD) can help provide a deeper insight into your client/tenants OPOC responses
- Learn more about how to virtually use Experience-based co-design (EBD) approaches in an expedited way
- Consider how EBD activities can lead to co-designing the service delivery change with your staff/clients/tenants
#QIOnTheFly Web Meeting #5: Clients as Your Guide: EBD-The ‘How-to’ Sequel!
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Time: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Learn more about how Experience-based co-design (EBD) can further inform your QI on the fly work
- Experience a virtual EBD activity to gain insight into a common OPOC response
- Share/recieve practical tips on conducting EBD activities virtually