The Excellence Through Quality Improvement Project (E-QIP) is excited to share that we are reconvening our Community of Practice for community MHA providers in October 2021. This year, we will support agencies in the use of QI tools, the development of QI projects and the alignment of agency-level quality improvement plans (QIPs) with the collaborative QIPs that Ontario Health Teams are required to submit April 1, 2022.
Why Should I Join E-QIP’s CoP?
CoP members will receive:
- Content support from experts on quality domains including Access to Care and Equity, two of the three quality indicators mandated for all OHTs (ALC rate and First contact in the ED for a MHA condition), and connection with client experience.
- Guidance on how to develop agency-level QI projects that support the collaborative QIPs OHTs are required to submit on April 1, 2022
- Support from E-QIP coaches to develop an agency-level Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), aligned with regional and provincial priorities and collaborative QIPs
- Orientation to a common QIP template consistent with Ontario health’s provincial template
- Structured feedback on their QIPs and projects from QI and data experts
The CoP will meet every two weeks for 1 hour. Meetings will alternate between a focus on QI tools and the quality improvement planning cycle and a focus on content including information on quality domains (e.g., Access to Care and Equity), indicators (including collaborative QIP indicators) and other priorities as identified by CoP members.
Participating organizations will commit to the following:
- Completing a QI/Data Culture Assessment for their organization
- Complete and share a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) in Spring 2022
- We encourage members to attend and participate in meetings and recognize that you may have competing priorities. A full schedule, including information on what will be covered in the meetings will be provided in advance
Am I eligible to join E-QIP’s Community of Practice? (for organizations that are new to E-QIP’s CoP)
In order to join E-QIP’s Advancing QI and Measurement CoP, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to dedicate resources to regularly participate in bi-weekly meetings and work through QI cycle activities AND
- Have experience leading or participating in a QI project OR Have an existing quality improvement plan to document your QI priorities and projects on a regular cycle (e.g., annual/bi-annual)
CoP members from either the Advancing QI and Measurement CoP or the Supportive Housing CoP are welcome to register. We look forward to continuing to work with you!
For more information on how to join, eligibility or ways to engage with E-QIP, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org