The Excellence Through Quality Improvement Project (E-QIP) is excited to reconvene the monthly Advancing QI and Measurement Community of Practice (CoP) for community MHA providers in October 2022. This year, we surveyed MHA providers to identify areas and topics of interest they would like spotlighted in the monthly CoP meetings. These meetings will help agencies use QI and measurement at their organizations by sharing information and resources and learning from the innovative practices of others.
Why Should I Participate in E-QIP’s Advancing QI and Measurement CoP?
CoP members will:
- Be connected to a community of MH&A provider agencies focused on QI
- Understand the Model for Improvement and how to incorporate QI at all levels of the organization
- Be supported to build a culture of continuous QI in their organization
- Learn how to implement a QI cycle including QI planning, development of a quality improvement plan (QIP) using a consistent QIP template and actualizing QI projects and tracking progress across the organization
- Receive information on standardized data collection tools and common performance and quality indicators and how these can be used to identify QI activities and measure success in QI projects
- Discuss and share innovations across agencies working on the same/similar quality issues; contribute to a repository of ‘change ideas,’ and key QI related documents
- Learn from the strength and experience of other agencies to support the sector to measure and report quality indicators and imbed QI practices throughout
CoP Structure and Schedule:
The CoP will incorporate a combination of education and sharing of the experiences of other organizations in the topic areas. The CoP will meet once per month (Second Friday of each month), for 75 minutes from October 2022- June 2023. Below is the Schedule for this year. As we confirm speakers, the schedule will be updated.
|Overview of the |
|Abel Gebreyesus and |
|Staff Engagement in |
|Ian Masse, CMHA HKPR|
|Client & Family |
Engagement in QI
|Collaborative QIP||Laura Daly-Trottier, CMHA |
Peel Dufferin, Kerri Bennet
|Using standardized |
data & measurement
for QI planning or
|Abel Gebreyesus, Ian Masse,|
Ontario Health, OCAN
|Building QI Culture in |
|Naushaba Degani, Lori Derry|
|Population Health |
delivery of service
|Client transitions and |
|Lucy Forman, |
|Sustaining and |
|Lori Derry, Lucy Forman|
We encourage members to attend and participate in meetings and recognize that you may have competing priorities. A full schedule, including information on what will be covered in the meetings will be updated regularly on this web page.
Am I eligible to join E-QIP’s Community of Practice? (for organizations that are new to E-QIP’s CoP)
To join E-QIP’s Community of practice, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be part of a community MHA agency or a provider of Community MHA services
- Ability to dedicate resources to regularly participate in monthly meetings AND
- Have experience leading or participating in a QI project OR have an existing quality improvement plan to document your QI priorities and projects on a regular cycle (e.g., annual/bi-annual)
Previous cohort project teams, CoP members from the Advancing QI and Measurement CoP, OCAN QI Network, or OCAN MH Quality Indicators Study are welcome to register. We look forward to continuing to work with you!
For more information on how to join, eligibility or ways to engage with E-QIP, contact us at email@example.com